Skrevet d. 16-12-2009 03:27

Bruger

Antal indlæg: 86

Thailand now connected to AAG high-bandwidth submarine cable
Asia-America Gateway in use from today
aag.jpg ( 44.48K ) Number of downloads: 240

CAT Telecom will today open
the Asia-America Gateway.

BANGKOK: -- CAT Telecom will today open the Asia-America Gateway it has jointly built up with other 18 leading telecom parties. The gateway is a high-bandwidth fibre-optic submarine cable system that connects Southeast Asia to the United States.

Internet users throughout Asia should start to see a dramatic increase in internet speed for websites located outside of the region when the $US550 million Asia-America Gateway (AAG) comes into operation today.

The new 20,000km (about 12,400 miles) AAG - an optical fibre cable network stretching from Malaysia to the West Coast of America via Guam and Hawaii - is now open, according to CAT Telecom.

The cable has additional landing points in Hong Kong and the Philippines, with branches to Singapore, Thailand, Brunei and Vietnam.

The cable became a reality in June 2006, when AiTi of Brunei Darussalam, CAT Telecom (Thailand), PLDT (Philippines), REACH (Hong Kong), StarHub (Singapore), Telekom Malaysia (Malaysia) and VNPT (Vietnam) all signed a Memorandum Of Understanding (MOU) for its construction.

In addition to being one of the longest undersea cable rollouts in history, the AAG will actually shorten the route for data from Asia to America, avoiding some of the wolds’ areas most prone to seismic activity in the process.

The demand for better quality communications services throughout Asia has been an ongoing battle between foreign and local businesses and regional communications carriers, and one that has affected economic growth in some countries.

The AAG uses the latest Dense Wavelength Division Multiplexing (DWDM) technologies with a minimum design capacity of 1.28 terabit/s and a design capacity of 1.92 terabit/s.

The last of the undersea cable work was completed in June and all 10 landing points were completed months ago.

The new cable will improve e-commerce traffic and help meet the increasing demand for faster and more reliable internet, video and other multimedia services and applications.

-- Thaivisa.com / The Nation 2009-12-16
Til forsiden  Til toppen  Til bunden
yindee
#2 Udskriv indlæg
Skrevet d. 16-12-2009 06:21
Bruger avatar

Bruger

Antal indlæg: 3628

det glæder jeg mig til
manse
#3 Udskriv indlæg
Skrevet d. 16-12-2009 13:02

Bruger

Antal indlæg: 697

Vi er mange naive mennesker herude. Jeg troede også på denne historie da jeg læste den på Thai visa. Hehehe det eneste der blevet hurtiger er mit lokale kontor, som jo bestemt ikke regnede med at jeg ville ringe i dag. Dagen i dag skulle jo være den store dag hehehe, Jeg bruger stadig flere timer på at sende en mail med 3 til 4 mb attachment, samt alt det andet. Indtil nu har jeg brugt 11 min for uploade dette her

Der endnu intet ændret, for nu skal er kablet måake blevet hurtigere, men hvis man ikke har baglandet i orden, ja så hjælper det jo ikke en dyt.

Jeg så lige på TV en skole, som nu have købt så mange computere ind, at alle elever i EDB klasserne nu kunne have deres egen. Vi taler her om 100 stk. 10 kunne bruges, de andre måtte slukkes, for mere end 10 overbelastede nettet hehe. Thailand er et U-land med hensyn til EDB.
IT
#4 Udskriv indlæg
Skrevet d. 16-12-2009 17:53
Bruger avatar

Bruger

Antal indlæg: 1737

mit net kører som det altid gør A H T
Isan is the poorest region of Thailand: in 2002 average wages were the ... Isan (Isan/Thai: อีสาน; also written as Isaan, Isarn, Issan, ...
bamsen
#5 Udskriv indlæg
Skrevet d. 16-12-2009 18:02
Bruger avatar

Bruger

Antal indlæg: 1138

Det er da sjovt de problemer havde jeg ikke i thailand med mit usb modem,det gik rimeligt hurtigt

bamsen
thaikurt
#6 Udskriv indlæg
Skrevet d. 17-12-2009 12:23
Bruger avatar

Bruger

Antal indlæg: 354

Mit køre som det skal nørd bare ikke når min hund trække ud til stikkontakten rasende
Gå til debat:

Lignende tråde

Emne Forum Svar Nyeste indlæg
Jeg er lidt gal idag Alt mellem himmel og jord 9 21-01-2010 05:33
ny politi chef udnævnt idag Nyheder på andre sprog 1 04-08-2009 15:13

Alt indhold på denne side er Copyright @ copy 2009 Thai DK Debat Forum Alle rettigheder forbeholdes Siden er optimeret til 1024 * 768